cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Diana Shannon as Documentation Coordinator
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:18:30 GMT
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Diana Shannon wrote:

> Nick Airey wrote:
>
> > I vote for giving her commit access. Anyway, we can always roll back the
> > versions in cvs if something goes too far off the rails. Not that I
> > think it will.
>
> If I were making edits, I'd run them by the original authors for
> comments/criticism before committing. I would also *welcome* any
> technical review of my work prior to commits, particularly for new docs.
> My hope is that there will be multiple iterations of documents, each
> enhanced by feedback from authors, editors, and reviewers.

The true way of making people comment on stuff you've edited/written
etc. is by commiting them into CVS so people on the list

 1. have the cvs diff mails to see what you've changed/edited
 2. can stand up and do fine work or corrections by iterating over those
docs

As soon as somthing is in CVS it's *ours* and not his or hers or yours
anymore :)

Giacomo