cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: Cocoon Marketing Position
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:47:58 GMT
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Steven Noels wrote:

> Stefano wrote:
>
> > In short, instead of a competitive tagline 'use Cocoon instead of J2EE
> > or .NET' (which would eventually emerge out of a Cocoon Pet
> > Shop demo),
> > we should do something different 'no matter what you what to do with
> > your web, Cocoon will help you doing it better'. [please, excuse the
> > shitty marketing tone, but we are talking about vapor anyway]
> >
> > Those are my thoughts.
>
> I second this: we shouldn't be competing with Struts, J2EE, .Net, and a
> gazillion other web frameworks out there. And before we have *really*
> conquered the flow/webapp domain, we should focus on our strengths, i.e.
> XML-based web publishing.

Well, I do see this differenlty... "only" XML-base web publishing is not
enough... Nearly everyone seems to need more. This would explain all the
homegrown form approaches out there. If there would be an easy integration
of other webapp frameworks like e.g. Struts I would aggree. But there is
no such... So we need to come up with something. Current form handling
seems to be thorn in quite a lot people's side.

> I'm quite sure the Flow & Form people out here will help Cocoon
> transition into the webapp space, but we are not there yet.

yepp... but are trying :)

<snip/>
--
Torsten