cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <>
Subject Re: [status & RT] design challenges
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:12:24 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I'm perfectly aware of the fact that components must pass information
> one another, but, why in hell should they use something so ackword as
> SAX events to write and XPath queries to read when they can simply do an
> hashtable lookup?

Good point. But, if I may ask, why have different communication protocols
at all? I can think of many practical reasons (performance,
maintainability etc.), but from an architectural point of view it only
makes sense if there are different concerns and different users. We tailor
the communication protocols to the task and to the audience.

But can it be that the audience for meta-information and SAX events is the

Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: