cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Piroumian <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] map:redirect-to vs. map:forward
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:45:38 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> From: "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroumian@protek.com>
> > > From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> > > From: "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroumian@protek.com>

<skip why="answered in previous letter" />

> The flowmap will eliminate needs for redirects, like whiles
> and ifs eliminated the need for gotos.

For some simple cases you won't like to use a flowmap.

> I'm -1 for this, unless you can show me that the flow system
> is not able to supplant the need for redirects.

See this simple case:

<map:match pattern="">
	<!-- map:forward path="welcome" /--> <!-- <<== could look like this
-->
	<map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/welcome" />
</map:match>

As you see there is no need for a flowmap and there is no need for a
resource usage.

Konstantin

P.S. I came to this while was refactoring jsp and i18n samples.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to SSH port and still cannot commit those
samples. Hope to get it in a day of two.