cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Piroumian <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [SITEMAP] Parametrized redirect
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:00:32 GMT
> From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> >>From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]

> >>Aren't you looking for <map:redirect-to
> >>uri="other-uri?p1=1&p2={sitemapvariable}"/> ?
> >>

> >Yes, this would do, but <map:parameter /> looks better, IMO.
> >I've took a look at redirection interface and it seems that
> adding one more
> >method that takes also a parameter map will be enough for
> redirection. But I
> >have no yet idea how would the receiving pipeline (or
> resource) handle those
> >parameters. It must be something similar to 'target' attribute.
> >

> Be careful : redirect to URI results in a new request being processed
> and so loses the sitemap variables, while redirect to
> resources occurs
> internally in the current sitemap. Because of this confusion,
> redirect
> to resource was deprecated in favor of map:call.

So, the new question is: does map:call support parameters? ;)

> Thus all we can do with parameters in map:redirect is encode them as
> request parameters. So it's really a matter of readability...

What about the <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/" />? This one handled
internally. Maybe it'll be better to rename it to <map:forward-to
pipeline="without-any-protocol" /> as real redirect and internal forward are
quite different in usage? And <map:forward> can have parameters just like
the request attributes.

Btw, it would be fine to have sitemap processor version in sitemap. This
will allow things like:
<map:select type="processor">
	<map:when test="treeprocessor"> <!-- or by version '2.1' -->
		<map:forward-to path="/..." />
	</map:when>
	<map:otherwise>
		<map:redirect-to uri="/..." />
	</map:otherwise>
</map:select>

Of course, this will be rarely used, and I just want to know what others
think about it.

Konstantin