cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Diana Shannon as Documentation Coordinator
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:12:49 GMT

Giacomo wrote:

>> 8. Develop style guide and author's tips for all future submissions.
>
> How does the Forrest project play into this?

I have been lurking on the Forrest list for a while now as well.

By style guide, I am referring to editorial and copy style, not
presentation style. These are conventions editors follow to achieve a
consistent form of expression within a set of documents authored by
different people.

Examples include guidelines like
   1. One sentence, one idea.
   2. Active over passive voice.
   3. Avoid use of colloquialisms (common expressions in English that
non-native speakers may fail to understand)
   etc.

Diana