cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: various copies of DTDs within Cocoon
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:24:13 GMT
> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
>
> A few weeks ago someone committed changes to
> src/documentation/xdocs/dtd/document-v10.dtd
> However please remember that there are two copies
> of the DTDs ...
<snip/>
> This does raise some issues though. When we rely on
> the entity resolver, then it becomes core functionality
> (build docs would fail without it). At the moment, entity
> resolver is not listed as core.

I have a little off-topic question related to this topic ;)

Usually, I use XML Spy to edit xdocs. It's very useful to have DTDs attached
to editing files, cause XML Spy provides hints for elements and attributes
as you type and performs validity checks. But, unfortunately, it does not
support local entity catalogs, so, now when Cocoon docs contain links to
DTDs that does not correspond to their physical location locally I can't use
all that useful features without copying them somewhere accessible or
changing the declaration.

So, I'd like to know what's the correct way of managing such situations. Can
I just setup a local catalog and use SYSTEM entities or my editing tool
should support catalogs natively?

Thanks for all hints in advance.

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian