cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject tracks/titles [was: Re: --- Help with document classification ---]
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:19:45 GMT

On April 26, 2002, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Very helpful comments, Bert.

> 1) Tracks:
> it might be worthwile at some point to create "tracks" into the
> documentation, task-oriented reading guides.
>
> For example: if you want to publish static XML to HTML, here's your
> reading
> list: "FAQ 232, FAQ 321, html publishing how-to, site navigation guide"

Do you think these need separate classification, or should they be
how-tos (with links to other how-tos), categorized as tracks?

> 2) Master of the Titles:
> Document names/titles (and their consistency) are sooo important IMHO to
> guide the user to the right place, I think the main title of every
> document
> should be reviewed by the community or by a designated "Master of the
> Titles"
> before publishing the document.

What if we also added a one-sentence description of the piece, along
with title and last modified date, to be returned with search results?

Diana