cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rogier Peters" <Rog...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: (dbxml) Generator vs Source
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:23:58 GMT
I don't really mean Xindice has performance problems.

We are currently working on a system tying together Apache Slide with Xindice as a backend,
and Xindice and Cocoon as a frontend.

To this end we wrote a connector for Slide-Xindice and a custom XMLDB-generator between Xindice
and Cocoon. It's most likely that those connections are the problem, but basically keeping
this system running for more than a couple of days on a 1Gb machine is not possible, due to
memory leaks.

The site we're running has about 2000 xml content files and right now a typical page with
three level deep dynamic navigation, and starting out with about 20000 lines of xml, will
take about 10 secs to render.

Regards,

Rogier Peters

Content Management Department