cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rogier Peters" <>
Subject (dbxml) Generator vs Source
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:15:57 GMT

As I understood the xmldb-generator is to be deprecated in favor of the xmldb-source. I extended
the xmldb-generator to be able to pass a depth parameter, as happens in the directory-generator.
Although this worked reasonably well, we had a lot of performance issues and therefore are
currently testing another xml database (X-Hive) and this leaves me with the following questions:

- What are the differences between a generator and a source, other than the different structural
locations and different ways of calling them in the pipeline

- What are the reasons behind deprecating xmldb-generator?

- Should I write a source or a generator for X-Hive? (or, has anyone looked into this already)

With kind regards,

Rogier Peters

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: