cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: documentation linking [was: Re: Cocoon and Web Services -- A Presentation at SD West 2002]
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:56:56 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

> Yes, as a start. Or, perhaps someone -- Ugo, Pankaj? -- might consider
> refactoring/donating it into official Cocoon documentation -- as a
> how-to or an example?

FWIW, I hereby put the code in the Public Domain (90% of it was a
cut&paste from the Google samples, BTW).

As soon as I have a couple of minutes, I will prepare a sample that
could be included in the distribution, along with the other SOAP
samples. But I still have the problem with the invalid UTF-8 encoding.

AFAIU, Google returns a response encoded in ISO, but without a proper
declaration, thus Xerces assumes it is in UTF-8. Whenever the response
contains a non-ASCII character, an exception is generated (see
http://www.beblogging.com/blog/google?q=Stefano+Mazzocchi,+Apache+Software+Foundation
for instance).

Pankaj, did you come across it? Did you solve it somehow?

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it