cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Summary of Available Sitemap Components
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:05:33 GMT
hi,

> 1. We might need to consider the appropriate scope of the content when
> deciding what custom doclet tags to use/require. A large number of
> custom tags could create SoC issues from a document management point
> of view. In other words, do you really want a content editor tinkering
> around with java source files?

no, the developer must write these javadoc tags,

> 2. I assume we'd have tags for content like action parameters and
> configuration details and their meaning?

see http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/solutions/cocoon-javadoc-tags.html
for starting list

> 3. We should make sure users can generate similar content/docs for
> their own custom components, particularly if they manage/maintain
> their code outside the scope of the cocoon distribution.

a single, or per-component xml-document is generated,
see for example RequestAttributeGenerator,
http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/developers/generators-ref.html#org.apache.cocoon.generation.RequestAttributeGenerator
and section Parameter, and HttpRequestAttribute,
these tables are generated via @cocoon:parameter, and
@cocoon:http-request-attribute javadoc tags,

see
http://members.a1.net/berni_huber/developers/actions-ref.html#org.apache.cocoon.acting.LangSelect
for an deprecated action sample

But perhaps, all this reference stuff is only one aspect of the
documentation....

bye bernhard