cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <>
Subject Re: [input needed] --- documentation questionnaire ---
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:28:30 GMT
I'm fine with that as long as documentation-related posts to cocoon-dev
are never considered off-topic.  The developers should not get to pack
themselves into an ivory tower never to have to worry about
documentation ever again.  Sometimes creating a new list encourages
traffic, sometimes discourages.

Diana Shannon wrote:

> Andrew:
>>> 3. Form documentation team. High priority.
>> elaborate what you mean by this...
> Sorry this wasn't clear.
> A number of people have emailed me privately with offers of help. I
> want to make sure they have what they need (information, templates,
> editorial/review support) to be able to start contributing. I'm *not*
> trying to formalize this process or limit anyone's participation.
> Still, there's probably a need -- in the future -- for a group of
> people (again, no limits to participation) to discuss/debate some
> narrow documentation/editing issues before proposals/plans/updates are
> posted to cocoon-dev. FYI, Apache has a separate cvs/list for its
> documentation subproject. Cocoon attracts a lot of content management
> people who probably know volumes about documentation best practices.
> IMHO, if this discussion exists *only* on cocoon-dev, I'm afraid some
> Cocoon users might be overly limited in their input. Speaking as a
> Cocoon user, it can be intimidating to post to cocoon-dev.
> Diana

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message