cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: Cocoon Src Compilation on Apple MAC OS X
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:20:24 GMT
Brian P Michael wrote:
> Berin Loritsch,
> I am not really familiar with how to work on Apache Source, but I am
> having trouble compiling Cocoon on MAC OS X.
> Specifically, the filename/ClassName of certain Java Classes are too
> long and gnu tar is hacking off the filename at 31 characters.
> Your name and email address was inside one of the source java class
> files,  The filename gets
> shortened to
> AbstractComplementaryConfigurab    (there is no ending to the filename
> and thus doesn't get compiled in).
> The Tar file does show the correct filename using Gnu's tar (tar tvf ).
> Any clues.  Where would I go to help fix this.

This is unfortunate.  Which version of gnu tar do you have?

I have forwarded your concern to the Cocoon developer's list.  Cocoon
has two lists: a developer's list and a user's list.  I would highly
recommend subscribing to at least the user's list.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: