cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search Engine Optimization and Cocoon
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:30:41 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Bert Van Kets wrote:
>
> > I am willing to spend some time to compile a text that explains how the
> > benefits of Cocoon can be used in SEO.  Anybody interested?
>
> Sounds good. One of the things we're focusing on is using Cocoon to give
> better accessibility to the "dark web"

Oh, I *love* that term. I've been speaking around this issue in the last
Open Content Management conference in Zurich (see the slides in my
homepage) but I'll be using this term in the future.

The 'dark matter of the web'... very cool.

>, and making content search-visible
> is an important part of that. When we've finished building the latest site
> I hope to make our notes on this available (perhaps added to yours?). I'd
> also be interested in knowing if anyone out there in cocoon-land has
> looked at initiatives such as OAI?

No, I haven't, but I'm curious.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.