cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Analysis] Cocoon, The Play
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:43:15 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Coming to a theater near you, Cocoon 2.1: Same Plot, Different Story!

Oh, I love it, love it, love it. :)

Now, let's get nasty! how about XSLT-transforming the sitemap into Jon
Bosak Play DTD :)

A sidenote: I'm pretty sure that everybody was laughing so loud that all
your points about refactorization was not really taken seriouly.

But I think Berin touches a few serious design issues
(overcomponentization, role of cache control, component isolation) that
we must seriously consider.

I only think that if we do this for 2.1 it will take forever for us to
reach a final release... this is the reason why I was considering
componentization refactoring to happen for 2.2 at least.

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.