cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Development Roadmap
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:53:57 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> How can we reconcile the differences between the needs of a generic form
> handling mechanism for both Business Logic and Content Management?

I say we don't even try.

Forms generate highly structured data while browser-based content
editing generates semi-structured data.

These datasets are so different they can't be handled (nicely!) with the
same database, why would you think this model doesn't apply to the data
validation part?

Sure, it would be nice to have one-size fits all (as it would be in
databases, BTW), but I have the impression that a unified approach is
going to be inelegant at least for one of the two sides (if not for
both!).

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.