cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Cocoon Marketing Position
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:26:21 GMT
giacomo wrote:

> You can have a look at it using

If we enter the 'pet shop' marketing arena, we might find ourselves
having to fight J2EE from one side and .NET from the other.

*this* is exactly the marketing and technical pressure that I don't
think we can affort to stand at this very moment.

First of all, without Cocoon Blocks, we can't stand their usability, so
I would not even try to compete.

Second: I'd rather market Cocoon as an awesome glue technology than a
"new" way of doing stuff compared to J2EE or .NET. Cocoon can be used to
create SOAP web services using J2EE technology. It will also be possible
to turn a web service into a web application, and also glue advanced
publishing and report functionalities.

In short, instead of a competitive tagline 'use Cocoon instead of J2EE
or .NET' (which would eventually emerge out of a Cocoon Pet Shop demo),
we should do something different 'no matter what you what to do with
your web, Cocoon will help you doing it better'. [please, excuse the
shitty marketing tone, but we are talking about vapor anyway]

Those are my thoughts.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: