cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [status & RT] design challenges
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:41:16 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>
>>They already live together!
>>

>Ok, but what I want is:
>
> 1) merge 'schecoon' with the trunk
>
> 2) have the ability to mount a 'flowmap' into a 'sitemap' and a
>'sitemap' into a 'flowmap'.
>
>Until I have this, they are not living together in my book.
>
>Now, I'll be in favor of 'branching the CVS module' to keep the '2.0.x'
>series clean and start moving stuff from the scratchpad into the trunk
>and name that 2.1-dev
>
>I want more visibility for what currently lies in the scratchpad because
>I think that currently Schecoon is an 'internal fork' and I personally
>don't consider it *working* in Cocoon until the two things are merged
>together.
>
>What do you think?

I think there's been a long time since you looked at what's in
scratchpad/schecoon ;)

Seriously : schecoon *was* a kind of internal fork when it was a
scheme-only reimplementation of the sitemap engine. But Ovidiu has
rewrote the whole thing since there are continuations in Rhino. It's now
"just" a couple of new components and treeprocessor nodes. Integration
with the main trunk requires only a few lines to be added to
cocoon.roles and treeprocessor-builtins.xml !

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez