cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Xalan CVS / Extension Functions / XSLTC
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:07:35 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:
> I downloaded the 04-04 CVS snapshot of Xalan-J and tried the XSLTC support,
> but gave me some error about finding a class Gomer... (that's not the exact
> error, but i stopped after that)..

It seems there is a problem in *our* TrAX usage that doesn't call
getSystemID() (or something like that, I didn't dive futher, this was
Jacek reporting to me a while ago) so XSLTC doesn't have a way to 'name'
the compiled class and therefore falls back on the standard name which
creates collisions if more than one stylesheet is called.

> BUT the latest Xalan is *MUCH* faster in interpreted mode (3x for the
> stylesheet i was trying to optimize)

> *BUT* the extension function we use in
> xsp.xsl wasn't working correctly, I was just getting empty strings. I am thus
> running a modified xsp.xsl which removes use of the extension (I know my XSP
> sources will be fine w/o it).
> But the question is, I know I'm playing with fire with the Xalan CVS
> snapshot. Has anyone had any luck with the recent ones wrt XSLTC or the
> extension functions?

I can report that from Xalan CVS last week I had XSLTC running with no
problems using the 'role trick' that we discussed for the

When I have a little little time I'll try to work on some changes and
commit the results.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: