cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Enke Michael <Michael.E...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject Re: i18n: empty translation in XMLResourceBundle?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:54:21 GMT
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> [...]

Hi Konstantin,
the reason for empty translation:
I get the relation, if lower, greater or equal from a database.
Also the DB-column I get from a table in the DB. So I translate:
For relation >=                        "From Department"
For relation <=                        "To Department"
And for relation = I want to translate "Department" (without From, To or anything else).

The solution would be very very simple:
Remove the trim() in XMLResourceBundle. This is my proposal.
Than I can write: <message key="="> </message> and this will no longer
result in an untranslated-text.
Anyhow, <message key="="></message> will result in an untranslated-text

Regards,
Michael