cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Enke Michael <>
Subject esql.xsl and postgres datatypes
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:34:27 GMT
in postgres you have datatypes which are not in the sql standard
and you can define your own datatypes.
Two datatypes from postgres that I use often are bit() and bit varying().
If I call <esql:get-columns/> than the page crahses because the column type
for bit and bit varying is java.sql.Types.OTHER
Look at this snippet from esql:xsl:
   case java.sql.Types.ARRAY:
   case java.sql.Types.STRUCT:
   case java.sql.Types.OTHER: // This is what Informix uses for Sets, Bags, Lists
      this._esql_printObject(_esql_query.getResultSet().getObject(_esql_i), xspAttr);
      // standard type
        <xsl:call-template name="get-string-encoded">

We get the Exception because in the postgres driver there is no getObject for bit or bit varying,
but get-string-encoded for such columns is ok (you can of course define your own extension
I would propose to switch between different database systems in "case java.sql.Types.OTHER"

Can anybody using Informix tell me what is the result of "connection.getMetaData().getURL();"?
Should we make "String jdbcSource;" public in EsqlConnection?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message