cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [vote] Diana Shannon as Documentation Coordinator
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:44:32 GMT
On 16.Apr.2002 -- 02:23 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>  1) planning and proposing a better (as defined above) documentation
> outline

+1

Esp. having templates and skeletons ("place documentation about XYZ
here") would be great. Although the DTD for xdoc has some comments I
do wonder sometimes about semantics.

One thing that bugs me especially is links between docs. Currently
this is done by pointing to the place the generated HTML will end
up. Would be great if we could do better (no idea though, XPointer?)

>  2) coordinating the authoring effort (means: kicking some asses if
> people commit code without committing docs that go along with them: we
> might go as far as prohibiting code submissions, even in the scratchpad,
> without appropriate documentation along)

Err - docs for WIP could end up being Sisiphean...

>  3) providing editing of existing docs (and future docs)

+10

	Chris.
(currently writing docs for database actions...)

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de