cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: execute scheduled commands in the sitemap
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:48:49 GMT
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:27:34 +0200, Christian Zoffoli <czoffoli@xmerlin.org> wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 06:14:15PM +0200, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
> > >
> > > I want periodically update an xml-db with some infos extracted by web
> > > pages (found on internet).
> > >
> > > es:
> > > www.pincopalla.it/meteo.html --> meteo.xsl --> update db stored into
> > > xindice  (on every 6:00)
> >
> >         You could do this by using the command line interface to cocoon
> >         or something like wget, in combination with a cron facility.
> >
> >         Cheers,
> >
> >         Marcus
>
> I know this way ...but on the target host I have no access to the cron
> entries :(

Is it a Unix system? You don't need to modify the /etc/crontab to add
your own entries. Just edit a file that has the same syntax as the
/etc/ file somewhere in your home directory, and run:

crontab filename

Use 'crontab -l' to list the current entries for the user you're
logged in as, and 'crontab -r' to remove all of them to be able to
start fresh.

Hope this helps,
Ovidiu