cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <>
Subject Re: Commentary (was Re: [Analysis] Cocoon, The Play)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:12:23 GMT
On Friday 12 April 2002 1:38 pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Those are the biggest beefs I have with Cocoon right now.  In my view of
> the world, the existences of a Cache should be invisible to the anybody
> who is not specifically tuning it.  We should notice its existence
> solely by the virtue of our page loads being faster.

I take completely the opposite viewpoint. I've developed serious high
scalability web applications. I've seen other people do the same. Caching is
almost *never* identical across web applications. It's almost always specific
to the actual application.

No, the cache should simply be another part of the pipeline. User
implementable. User definable. With some nice defaults to make life easy.

<:->get a SMart net</:->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message