cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [status & RT] design challenges
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:33:01 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:03:25 -0600, "Ivelin Ivanov" <ivelin@apache.org> wrote:

> I dare to challange our sitemap gurus to make a comparative analisys of the
> Jakarta Workflow engine and C2 sitemap.
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/workflow/

Workflow's approach appears to be based on a finite state machine
model. Checkout the sample control file at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/workflow/src/wizard-demo/WEB-INF/wizard.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The same approach can be modeled in Cocoon today using actions.

However a much better approach is the one based on
continuations. Check out the Schecoon calculator sample at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-cocoon2/src/scratchpad/schecoon/webapp/examples/calc/calc.js?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

and look at the additional resources used by it.

It is my opinion that this model provides a much better way of
describing the flow in Web applications and perhaps in Web services as
well.

Regards,
Ovidiu