cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: esql.xsl and postgres datatypes
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 18:50:57 GMT
On 03.Apr.2002 -- 06:45 PM, Enke Michael wrote:
> Christian Haul wrote:
> >
> > You're absolutely sure it's the getObject method that causes the grief?
>
> Yes I am. There are also (sparse) instructions in postgres manual how to create those
classes.

So, there is a possibility to use getObject with postgres and bits? Perhaps I should
browse the postgres docs...

> ;-) joker
> I have no Informix and this is why I don't know the String.

Well, you didn't say so ;-) it's "sqli-informix" instead of "postgresql"

> I want to write
> if(jdbcSource.startsWith("jdbc:postgresql:")) { ... }
> else if(jdbcSource.startsWith("String for Informix")) { ... }

Perhaps it's more sensible to have postgres and the rest. Hopefully,
there're not so many broken jdbc implementations around. BTW so far
no-one came up with different requirements for complex types with
other DBMSs.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l