cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Ref: Bug 7713 - Optional Implicit precondtion checking in matchers
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:00:34 GMT
Hi everyone,

I trust you all had a good easter break :-)

This is a propasal for the introduction of implicit precondition checking
in matchers. Please refer to Bug 7713 for more information!!
You can find the patch for this proposal as a part of Bug 7713.

Here  I outline some of the reasoning for this proposal...

While writing a large c2 based application we have come to the
conclusion that matchers with built-in *implicit* checks would be

For Example, instead of using a "valid session checker action"
in *every* single pipeline in the sitemap to secure against clients
who do not have sessions, we simply configure a  matcher with a
"session-exists precondition". That way, we simplify sitemap pipelines,
which we find are already too large and complex.

There are several advantages with implicit matcher checking including,
simplified sitemaps, scalablity, easier development with developers
not having to remember to always include certian actions, hiding of
unnecessary and repetitive information, etc

Of course precondition matchers are not useful in every situation,
but are of best advantage when ones finds themselves using the
same general actions in a lot of the sitemap pipelines.

Any comments?

Best Regards,
Michael Melhem

To unsubscribe, e-mail: