cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Myers <phan...@stserv.hcf.jhu.edu>
Subject Re: ESQL retake
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 16:47:58 GMT
Hi Elias
> The main reason behind such a foolish attempt (*hehe, scorn me later*) is
> the inherent complexity of a system that's built on patches and

If you're going to rewrite esql, why not refactor it a little harder?

break it into an esql logicsheet that just does enough to get you a resultset,
and one or several resultset logicsheets that let you do iteration over results
in various ways or that have no method for iteration at all.  A resultset
logicsheet that just implements your get-column element, combined with the
nestible esql sheet that already exists would provide maximum flexibility for
writing logicsheets.

Tim