cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Pure txt as ouput
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:19:30 GMT
First of all:

This question belongs to the user list, and second - it should be plain
text formatted.

See the rest below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ariel Bender [mailto:abender@technisys.net]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 11:03 AM
To: Cocoon-Users (E-mail)
Cc: Cocoon-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: Pure txt as ouput

Hi all.
I'm a newbie in these technologies, and I've got a problem that I don't
know how to resolve. May be be someone can help me.
I am using cocoon1, xml, xsl...
I want to get a pure txt as output file, obviosly whithout a hedar, and
also with no xml tags.
I'm using this code:
        <xsl:output method="text" media-type="text"
omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="no" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

because Xalan is not responsible for writing response. Instead, you must
use text serializer.

Vadim

but it doesn't work propely.
        The generated file is this:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
        <content>THE EXPECTED TEXT
        </content>
        <!-- This page was served in 538 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.8.2
-->
More information: when I try to save the file, the window dialog expects
to save as html file, when I explicitly say that the filename is
txlog.txt.
Any ideas?
Ariel