cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: continuation fear (was Re: [status & RT] design challenges)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:00:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Piroumian Konstantin" <KPiroumian@protek.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 6:16 AM
Subject: RE: continuation fear (was Re: [status & RT] design challenges)
<snip/>

> >That's too much of a price to pay when an interpreted
> > language already does it for me.
>
> The key phrase is "does it for me" - interpreted language is another
> language that you should learn, you should get used to it and you should
> study also a lot of "best practices" samples and good docs to learn from.

Second that.
I am starting to understand why Schecoon is a lot more flexible and powerful
than I originally thought.
However I would ask Ovidiu to consider at least an alternative "poor man"
solution which will do the job for many of us. I will not repeat myself more
than just refering back to the <map:fetch> construct as an extension to
<map:redirect> and <map:call> (or <map:forward> :).

Konstantin is <map:fetch/> extension getting anywhere close to your flow map
solution?

Thanks,

Ivelin