cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [vote] Diana Shannon as Documentation Coordinator
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:23:24 GMT
John Morrison wrote:
> Diana Shannon wrote
> > Nick Airey wrote:
> >
> > > I vote for giving her commit access. Anyway, we can always
> > > roll back the
> > > versions in cvs if something goes too far off the rails. Not that
> > > I think it will.
> >
> > If I were making edits, I'd run them by the original authors for
> > comments/criticism before committing. I would also *welcome* any
> > technical review of my work prior to commits,
>
> Commit *then* review - more people can see it.  If there's something
> *seriously* wrong, it can always be rolled back ;)
>
> J.
>
> > particularly for new docs.
> > My hope is that there will be multiple iterations of documents, each
> > enhanced by feedback from authors, editors, and reviewers.
> >
> > Diana

A most definite +1 for commit access for Diana. Perhaps this
response to a vote is without precedent - every active committer
has responded, as well as some concerned developers.
It is obviously a hot topic.

Please do not get too concerned about the enormity of
the task, Diana. You are joining an excellent team and
you will not be left on your own. The term "co-ordinator"
does not mean "do all of the work".

I do agree with previous posters - CVS is the way to provide
a "review" process.
--David Crossley