cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: TreeProcessor incompatibility with compiled engine
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 05:13:56 GMT
> From: giacomo [mailto:giacomo@apache.org]
>
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Found this when tried tree processor on my sitemap:
> >
> > org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
There
> > must be at least one part in map:aggregate at
> > file:/C:/.../sitemap.xmap:125:48
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.AggregateNodeBuilder.
> > buildNode(AggregateNodeBuilder.java:158)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNodeB

uilder.buildChildNodesList(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:156)

> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNodeB
> > uilder.buildChildNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:172)
> >

> > When using construct like:
> >
> >         <map:match pattern="part/categories/">
> >           <map:aggregate element="categories"/>
> >           <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> >         </map:match>
> >
> > This works fine in compiled sitemap engine. Is there anybody against
> > fixing this incompatibility? Possible solution could be log a
warning
> > instead of failing hard - if majority considers this functionality
is
> > not desirable.
>
> Actually I don't know why this works with the compiled sitemap.

:)
Because ContentAggregator does not care about how many parts to
aggregate - 0 or 10.

> My
> understanding is that it shouldn't. I would vote to correct the
> sitemap.xsl to fail hard as the TreeProcessor.

Vadim
(...went writing xml file with one tag...)