cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: C1 compatible sitemap??
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:31:16 GMT
> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>
> Considering we have a number of people upgrading from C1 now that
> we said that C2 is stable, we need to do something to ease that
> migration.
>
> If we do not do this, we risk alienating otherwise faithful users.
>
> The C1 compatible sitemap follows the same rules as C1:
>
> Assembles the pipeline from PIs, and reacts to *.xml in the root
> directory.
>
> It should be a completely separate sitemap, and should be relatively
> easy to implement.  The key issues to bear in mind are:
>
> * this is a compatibility layer--no need to support new features
> * the only feature upgrade should be speed/scalability
> * the XSP engine has substantially changed--users of XSP should
>    upgrade to the official sitemap
> * we only want simple File->XSLT->Serializer support

Why create the whole new sitemap? I feel this can be done by writing one
transformer:

    ReactorTransformer, or C1Transformer

It can be implemented similar to the LogicsheetCodeGenerator, building
chain of the XSLT transformations on the fly.

(I assume that PIs can appear only before root element. Am I right?)

Vadim