cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:43:54 GMT
Andrew,

Have you read install instructions? After reading it, you either should
downgrade to tomcat 4.0.1, or upgrade to 4.0.4, or perform lots of other
steps before installwar.

Regards,
Vadim

> From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
>
> Earlier I was thinking "is it it or is it me"...now on a completely
> different computer eez
> seems like its it.  (did installwar target, went to /cocoon and tried
> /cocoon/welcome) Not sure if anyone is working on it but stuff seems
> be particularly broken right now:
>

>   Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

> *type* Exception report
>
> *message* _Internal Server Error_
>
> *description* _The server encountered an internal error (Internal
Server
> Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request._
>
> *exception*
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet Cocoon2
threw
> exception
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:935)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:6
53)
> 	at

e.java
> :214)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

e.java
> :190)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> 	at

:180)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.ja
> va:170)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564
> )
> 	at

:170)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

java:1
> 74)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:10
> 12)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1107)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> *root cause*
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.contextualize(Cocoon.java:187)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:
1209)
> 	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:407)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:916)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:6
53)
> 	at

e.java
> :214)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

e.java
> :190)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> 	at

:180)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.ja
> va:170)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564
> )
> 	at

:170)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564
> )
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> 	at

java:1