cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Fw: Charting
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:03:24 GMT
CC to dev just FYI

From: "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandini1@tin.it>

> Nicola,
>
> I don't want to rain on your parade but... since charting is not "core"
> Cocoon, I think it'd be better to integrate it with other packages doing
the
> task at hand (SVG chart generation) rather than re-invent the wheel.
>
> Are you sure there is nothing open-source which could be integrated into
> Cocoon ?

None Apache license AFAIK.
Find it for me, and I'll use it.

Anyway, I will not put the Charting classes themselves in Cocoon, just the
Transformer, like all other components do.

I will put the charting stuff on Sourceforge and the Cocoon Transformer in
the scratchpad tonight CET, so you all can make it work again :-)

> As a matter of principle, I'd like development to focus on "core" Cocoon
> components and integration with other packages (XML is pretty good at
that,
> BTW), rather than new features.

That's why it's still on my HD waiting since year 2000  ;-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -