cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject SVG BUG?: The attribute 'xlink:href' of the element <image> is required
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:44:55 GMT
I have found a bug in the SVG serialization: I can't serialize an SVG to a
JPEG or PNG if the SVG contains an <image> tag. Is it just me? Or is the SVG
serializer broken?

Help!

I'm running Cocoon 2.0.2 on JRE 1.3.1_03 on Windows 2000.

I will log a bug with Bugzilla, but I thought I'd ask first, if anyone else
has tried to serialize an SVG containing an image tag; perhaps I'm doing
something wrong.

I can use the Batik rasterizer (command-line) successfully with the same
SVG.

This is the SVG document:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="534" height="759">
	<image xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="Ba01S000.jpg"
x="0" y="0" width="534" height="759"/>
</svg>

If I remove the <image> element from my SVG, I get a beautiful white
rectangular JPEG ;-)

This is a snippet from my sitemap:

<map:match pattern="nzetc/images/thumbnails/*.jpg">
	<map:generate src="nzetc/images/{1}.svg"/>
	<map:serialize type="svg2jpeg"/>
</map:match>

Here is the stack trace:

Original exception : org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
Enclosed Exception:
http://xml.apache.org:-1
The attribute 'xlink:href' of the element <image> is required
at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.notify(SVGSerializer.java:268)
at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.endDocument(SVGBuilder.java:134)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(AbstractSAXParser.ja
va:724)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endDocument(XMLNamespaceBinder.jav
a:704)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endDocument(XMLDTDValidator.java:
997)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(XMLDocumentScannerIm
pl.java:437)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1150
)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.load(XMLEntityManager.
java:3195)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.skipSpaces(XMLEntityMa
nager.java:2896)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatc
h(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:987)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocume
ntFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserCo
nfiguration.java:525)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserCo
nfiguration.java:581)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:115
7)
at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:241)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractStreamSource.toSAX(AbstractStrea
mSource.java:206)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:142)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:251)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:399)