cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration of TreeBuilder
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:17:58 GMT
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> > Nevertheless, the treeprocessor allows to name an alternate
> > configuration file using the "config" attribute recently added by
> > Ovidiu. If you want to, we can also allow the full treeprocessor
> > configuration to be present in cocoon.xconf.
> >

> Yes, I still feel that we should remove this attribute and put
> everything in the cocoon.xconf as I want to have on single point
> of configuration for components.
>
> What do others think?

I think that cocoon.xconf is becoming a bit too big to be easily managed.

IMHO it should get separated in different config files, and to prevent
single Components to devise their own Configuration scheme, there should be
a standard way of doing it.

Maybe a mount-config element or a standard config="" attribute could do the
trick.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -