Return-Path: Delivered-To: apmail-xml-cocoon-dev-archive@xml.apache.org Received: (qmail 55942 invoked by uid 500); 12 Mar 2002 22:47:34 -0000 Mailing-List: contact cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org; run by ezmlm Precedence: bulk list-help: list-unsubscribe: list-post: Reply-To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org Delivered-To: mailing list cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org Received: (qmail 55878 invoked from network); 12 Mar 2002 22:47:33 -0000 Message-ID: <3C8E7E35.2F9CD5B9@apache.org> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:16:21 +0100 From: Stefano Mazzocchi X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.79 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org Subject: Re: Wyona / Xopus (IE vs.Mozilla) References: <3C8A8412.3030809@koberg.com> <3C8A8AF9.8070609@koberg.com> <3C8B3F04.9F1B1A2E@apache.org> <3C8B638E.4080802@koberg.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Spam-Rating: daedalus.apache.org 1.6.2 0/1000/N "Robert S. Koberg" wrote: > First, anything visible on a computer screen is in a rectangle :) Correct. The key difference is 'everything is in a rectangle' compared to 'everything is a rectangle'. I hope you agree with me that this is a huge difference. > Anyway, I get what you mean but is not true. Try: > >
> > blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah > b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah >
> > Or: > >
> > blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah > b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah blah b;lah blah >
> [...]
and > > Yes, I agree. There are many different types of documents to edit! For > example an article should be much more free-form than a use-case :) The > transformation determines which javascript parser script to include; > parser_article.js or parser_use-case.js Exactly! This is why I would like this editing-driving javascript to be created on the server directly by transforming the XMLSchema describing the document structure (we could add cocoon-specific namespaced information about the client-side user behavior that would be turned into javascript logic for the client side) > > > >>What happens when > >>you want to edit bold text or a link in the DIV? > >> > > > > Via javascript. You can either have: > > > > 1) keyboard shortcuts (CTRL-B for bold, contentEditable does this > > automatically and also places 'semantic' tags in there! instead > > of , instead of ) > > 2) floating toolbar with buttons (you could do it with an > > absolute-positioned
with draggable controls, or with a frameset > > (LIME does this), or with reactions on other parts of the same page) > > 3) context menu (right-click and follow the menu, Xopus does this right > > now) > > > > I personally like to use a modeless window AND context sensitive menus. > I hate floating DIVs - very ugly and jerky. I had played with a FRAMESET > but that intrudes on the look of the page. LIME uses a nice to implement a nice and smooth floating DIV: the page contains an absolutely positioned
with some javascript that controls the dragging, and contains only an