cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: error response broken?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:06:11 GMT
At 11:46 am +0100 26/3/02, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>
>
>> > From: Jeremy Quinn [mailto:jermq@media.demon.co.uk]
>> >
>> > Dear All,
>> >
>> > I have noticed a big change in the way Cocoon responds to
>> > errors caused by
>> > you putting mal-formed xml into a field in <slash-edit/>.
>> >
>> > Up until a week ago (I got a bit behind CVS) Cocoon would
>> > respond with a
>> > normal message like:
>> >
>> > Original exception : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type
>> > "title" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</title>".
>> >
>> > etc.
>> >
>> > Now it says things like:
>> >
>> > Original exception : java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>> > /Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/stylesheets/simple-
>> > page2html.xsl
>> > (No such file or directory)
>> >
>> > Which is strange.
>
>Try commenting out the transformation in the handle-errors and serializing
>to xml, you will always see the error.

I tried this ...... commented out the transformation and HTML serialization
in the error-handlers in mount/editor/sitemap.xmap and
mount/editor/editor.xmap, replacing them with a straight serialize to XML.

I still get the weird error, where it trounces off looking for nonsense.

>> I'm getting something similar for JSP sample pages. And also couldn't get
>> correct error message for the i18n samples (it was also
>> FileNotFoundException while the files was there for sure).
>
>Cocoon has problems on some errors, and
>
>> >You can replicate it by running <slash-edit/> and making a new file in
>the
>> >Alpha Editor, then make the new XML invalid and submit.
>> >
>> >Any ideas what might have got changed to cause this?
>> >It seems like the sitemap is getting lost ;)
>>
>> And this happened during last week. Last week version from CVS worked just
>> fine.
>
>I'll look into it, but right now I haven't got a clue :-/

Thanks!

Both Konstantin and I think it happened early last week, so that is the
only clue I have to offer, sorry.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre