cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Announcement] HTML Form binding and validation arrived
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:40:01 GMT
At 6:44 pm -0600 14/3/02, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
>> I have the feeling you could get Cocoon to generate the validating
>> StyleSheet on the fly using an internal pipeline.
>
>I would like to do it. Can you script up a few lines to give me direction.
>As everyone have noticed, I'm a Total newbie with sitemaps.

I'm no great shakes myself ;)

.... I was thinking of something like this :

to do the equivalent of this (from your 'xmlform.bat' file):

call xslt xmlform-sch-report.xml xmlform-schematron.xsl xmlform-sch-report.xsl
call xslt some-xmlform.xml xmlform-sch-report.xsl result.xml

I might use two pipelines, one internal, one external

  <map:pipelines>
		<map:pipeline internal-only="true">

			<map:match pattern="xmlform-sch-report">
				<map:generate src="schematron/xmlform-sch-report.xml"/>
				<map:transform src="schematron/xmlform-schematron.xsl"/>
				<map:serialize type="xml"/>
			</map:match>

		</map:pipeline>

		<map:pipeline>

			<map:match pattern="*">
				<map:act type="FormBinderAction"/>
				<map:generate src="insertFormBean.xml"/>
				<map:transform type="castor"/>
				<map:transform src="cocoon:xmlform-sch-report"/>
				<map:transform src="formbean2html.xsl"/>
				<map:serialize type="html"/>
			</map:match>

		</map:pipeline>
	</map:pipelines>

I have not tried this, I believe it would work and be handled properly by
the caching mechanisms, though I am not entirely sure yet.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pager:jermq@vizzavi.net>