cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: error response broken?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:21:09 GMT
At 11:26 pm +0100 25/3/02, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>>Dear All,
>>
>>I have noticed a big change in the way Cocoon responds to errors caused by
>>you putting mal-formed xml into a field in <slash-edit/>.
>>
>>Up until a week ago (I got a bit behind CVS) Cocoon would respond with a
>>normal message like:
>>
>>Original exception : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type
>>"title" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</title>".
>>
>>etc.
>>
>>Now it says things like:
>>
>>Original exception : java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>>/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/stylesheets/simple-page2html.xsl
>>(No such file or directory)
>>
>>Which is strange.

<snip/>

>>Any ideas what might have got changed to cause this?
>>It seems like the sitemap is getting lost ;)
>>
>>regards Jeremy
>>
>Jeremy, which sitemap engine are you using ? Does the other one have the
>same behaviour ?

This problem arose with the compiled sitemap.

I am trying to use the TreeProcessor but keep hitting problems:


This sitemap snippet no longer works:

					<map:aggregate element="root">
						<map:part type="request" element="req"/>
						<map:part src="docs{target}" element="original"/>
					</map:aggregate>

It complains there is no 'src' parameter on the first <map:part/>, is this
type of aggregation really illegal?

I comment that out, then get the next problem:

Unknown views named 'pretty-content' at
file:/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/mount/editor/editor.xmap:41:13


Huh?

I have no reference to 'pretty-content' anywhere in my sitemap !?!

I put in a view for 'pretty-content', then was forced to put in a view for
'links' as well.

Why is this happening?
Why am I having to add views to my sub-sitemap that are not used, and are
declared in the top-level sitemap?


OK, so now I finally have the TreeProcessor working and yes, I get an
identical problem with the sitemap getting lost during the error reporting.


I think we have a subtle problem with 2.0.2 :(

regards Jeremy
-- 
   ___________________________________________________________________

   Jeremy Quinn                                           Karma Divers
                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <mailto:sharkbait@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pager:jermq@vizzavi.net>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message