cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:44:52 GMT
At 4:30 pm +0100 13/3/02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

>          +---------------------------------------------+
>          | I propose the adoption of the Avalon Block  |
>          | design pattern to modularize Cocoon's user  |
>          | level and avoid the increase of disorder.   |
>          +---------------------------------------------+

<snip/>

>Your turn.

I like the sound of this.

One question:

Does your Blocks scheme go as far as making components like XIndice, SQL,
POI, FOP, LDAP etc. as Blocks, shared by other Blocks that are more
application specific?

One comment:

I would like to see the ability for a block to have a URL base or context
for it's content to be different to it's actual location, the same way you
can overlay the context of two sub-sitemaps like <slash-edit/> does, or be
able to keep actual content separate from associated classes etc., because
maybe it is to be modified by site users, etc.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pager:jermq@vizzavi.net>