cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: BUG in RequestGenerator ?
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:13:43 GMT
At 3:12 pm +0100 22/3/02, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> At 9:16 pm +0100 21/3/02, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
>> >Hi to all.
>> >I found a problem using RequestGenerator.


>My goal is to transform some request parameters into an xupdate
>document, usable with XMLDBTransformer.
>The transformation goes well if I apply the stylesheet from the console,
>but if I use a pipeline like the following one:
><map:match pattern="test2.xml">
>	<map:generate type="request"/>
>	<map:transform src="stylesheets/update-user_form_xupdate.xsl" />
>	<map:serialize type="xml"/>

what does the update-user_form_xupdate.xsl stylesheet look like?

I found I had to do some pretty strange stuff to get mine to work () see:

I had to end up declaring the request namespace prefix, and matching with
it, even though the request is generated using a default namespace, not a
prefixed one.

>I obtain the following error message 'XML Parsing Error: no element

Maybe your XSLT is not copying anything.

Try putting a logger either side:

<map:match pattern="test2.xml">
  <map:generate type="request"/>

	<map:transform type="log">
		<map:parameter name="logfile" value="before.log"/>
		<map:parameter name="append" value="no"/>

  <map:transform src="stylesheets/update-user_form_xupdate.xsl" />

	<map:transform type="log">
		<map:parameter name="logfile" value="before.log"/>
		<map:parameter name="append" value="no"/>

  <map:serialize type="xml"/>

hope this helps

regards Jeremy

   Jeremy Quinn                                           Karma Divers
                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <>     		 <>
   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message