cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: BUG in RequestGenerator ?
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:13:43 GMT
At 3:12 pm +0100 22/3/02, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> At 9:16 pm +0100 21/3/02, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
>> >Hi to all.
>> >I found a problem using RequestGenerator.

<snip/>

>My goal is to transform some request parameters into an xupdate
>document, usable with XMLDBTransformer.
>The transformation goes well if I apply the stylesheet from the console,
>but if I use a pipeline like the following one:
>

>------
>
><map:match pattern="test2.xml">
>	<map:generate type="request"/>
>
>	<map:transform src="stylesheets/update-user_form_xupdate.xsl" />
>
>	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
>
></map:match>

what does the update-user_form_xupdate.xsl stylesheet look like?

I found I had to do some pretty strange stuff to get mine to work () see:
xml-cocoon2/src/scratchpad/webapp/mount/editor/editor/stylesheets/request2editor.xsl

I had to end up declaring the request namespace prefix, and matching with
it, even though the request is generated using a default namespace, not a
prefixed one.

>I obtain the following error message 'XML Parsing Error: no element
>found'
>

>Why?

Maybe your XSLT is not copying anything.

Try putting a logger either side:

<map:match pattern="test2.xml">
  <map:generate type="request"/>

	<map:transform type="log">
		<map:parameter name="logfile" value="before.log"/>
		<map:parameter name="append" value="no"/>
	</map:transform>

  <map:transform src="stylesheets/update-user_form_xupdate.xsl" />

	<map:transform type="log">
		<map:parameter name="logfile" value="before.log"/>
		<map:parameter name="append" value="no"/>
	</map:transform>

  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

hope this helps