cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Dynamic Schematron validation works!
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:45:11 GMT
At 1:57 pm +0100 16/3/02, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> At 11:49 am +0100 16/3/02, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>
>>>Jeremy, I don't want to spoil your enthusiasm but there still two major
>>>issues... I've been talking with Ivelin off the list about these issues.
>>>(Maybe we should move our discussion to the list?!)
>>>
>>>1) current binding prohibits the use of checkboxes (good old checkbox
>>>  problem *sigh*) You cannot turn the checkbox off via request.
>>>

>> I am taking a different approach, it should not be a problem in
>> <slash-edit/>; you have to supply (very simple) StyleSheet snippets to
>> convert _your_ incoming request data into an instance to be validated.
>>
>> This gives you the opportunity to detect a missing field (un-checked box),
>> because your StyleSheet should know about it.
>

>exactly... that's the trick. but I didn't get your idea about the
>stylesheet snippets yet though...

<snip/>

it's almost working .... 'im soon come .... lemme finish

hopefully then there will be a concrete example of what I am going on about ;)

I think you will find our models are different, and I have not solved every
problem yet (I am sneaking up on then one by one .... ;)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pager:jermq@vizzavi.net>