cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject RE: error handling !*#%!
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:16:12 GMT
At 7:59 am -0500 19/3/02, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>>
>> From: "Jeremy Quinn" <jermq@media.demon.co.uk>
>>
>> > Dear All,
>> >
>> > I am totally mystified as to how you are supposed to handle errors
>in
>> > webapps built using Cocoon.

>> If you have a better solution, please commit it, we are all waiting.
>
>This reminds me of TODO item (in the todo.xml):
>----
>  <action context="code">
>   Check how to handle the mixing of output streams when an error inside
>   a pipeline occurs. When the pipeline has something written to the
>   output stream and then an error occurs the result is the first
>written
>   part with the appended exception.
>   One solution could be a configurable intermediate output stream.
>  </action>
>----
>
>Jeremy, that's what you want, isn't it?

I am not sure ..... ;)

If an internal pipeline makes an error, and has it's own error-handler, I
would hope that error could be inline, not tacked on at the end of all
processing, though I am obviously not understanding what is going on well
enough right now.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre