cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Dynamic Schematron validation works!
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:26:56 GMT
Dear All,

Encouraged by Ivelin Ivanov's work, I tried to see if the XSLT generated by
Schematron could be dynamically generated.

It can!

Here were my test pipelines (using all Ivelin's files):

Using a pre-made validating XSLT:

<map:match pattern="static-validation">
	<map:generate src="schematron/some-xmlform.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="schematron/xmlform-sch-report.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Using a validating XSLT, generated by another pipeline:

<map:match pattern="dynamic-validation">
	<map:generate src="schematron/some-xmlform.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="cocoon:/make-validator"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

A pipeline for generating validating XSLT:

<map:match pattern="make-validator">
	<map:generate src="schematron/xmlform-sch-report.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="schematron/xmlform-schematron.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Apart from having to comment out a reference to <saxon:output/> in
'wrappers.xsl' it all worked fine.

I viewed this with MSIE 5, the xml was the same as the samples.

Cool!

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre