cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Performance Tips now as xdoc
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:50:56 GMT

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> Hi,
> ok folks, I see you need something visual and
> styled and not a sissy txt file.
>
> I added the "Apache Cocoon Perfomance Tips" as
> xdoc into the CVS. I placed it below the FAQs
> in the book.xml.
>
> Now you can review it eye friendly and send
> suggestions how to improve it ;-).

Thanx Gerhard.

> Consider using a good JVM on a good OS. Scalability is a very
> different beast than pure speed. An Apple DualG4 866 seems to run faster
> than a Sun Enterprise 4500 (and costs a fraction), but try hitting them
> with 2000 concurrent cocoon requests.

The most interesting thing for me is, on which platform the
cocoon best.

At this moment the performance of a linux/PPC system is really sad. A
simply "ant docs" tooks a 1/2h, and seems to hang up. And on a linux/i386
cocoon is not really stable.
What I want to known is, on which unicies does cocoon works best.

Has anyone experiences with cocoon on a Sun Sparc/Solaris system?