cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <>
Subject Re: Pipe-aware Selectors
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 06:09:56 GMT
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> giacomo wrote:
> > In fact I don't think we can change the Selector interface as it is
> > clearly stated what a Selector is and how it works (read: not a pipeline
> > component). It doesn't mess with the SAX event in a pipeline (also for
> > backwards compatability).
> Yes, that's a good point, but the semantics looks so similar that might
> be misleading... hmmm, I still don't know if this is a good idea or not.
> > Maybe there needs to be other sematic in the sitemap to achieve what was
> > requested (honestly I have not had the need for such things so I don't
> > really care)
> Yes, I see three solutions:
>  1) ignore the proposal (but we must find a way to implement the same
> functionality without hacks!)

Easiest way.

>  2) change the Selector interface

>  3) add another pipeline-aware routing sitemap component

I'm not sure it will be a good idea. It's more a gut feeling than
concrete concerns. I feel the control of the pipeline composition
will be put into content instead of the sitemap and thus giving dynamic
pipeline creation (which was abandoned from Cocoon 1).

> Tough decision indeed!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message