cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:07:53 GMT
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>
>
> > 3. Should we remove ability to define components in the sitemap, and
> > provide ability to declare components in the separate user.conf file
> > (optional, one per sitemap).
>
> My two cents:
>
> - cocoon.xconf (basic cocoon components, one only)

This is for the base Cocoon system.

> - user.xconf (user components, one only)

This IMO is per Cocoon Block

> - sitemap.xmap (as always)
> - sitemap.xconf (one per sitemap, contains Generators, Transformers, etc.)

It was my suggestion at the very beginning of the sitemap discussion to
separate components out of it as they are logic components and IMO a
sitemap maintainer should write the pipeline but an administrator should
nadle the component definitions.

Giacomo